Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous]Mid Atlantic Predictions for this weekend? Will be lots of good teams and some great games! Good luck to all!

I predict the Mid Atlantic is going to be far less competitive this year based on many of the best clubs playing at the Maryland Cup. Having one venue with multiple children makes so much sense rather than the 7 different venues that Mid Atlantic has to offer. It makes it easier on college coaches as well. Good luck to all teams in both tournaments.

College coaches care about the 28s? At mid Atlantic the college coaches can see the 24 class at one venue.

Can’t wait for parents to realize college coaches don’t give a F about girls until going into 10th grade and it really picks up the following summer (going into 11th)

All the middle school showcases are a joke and money grab

Most coaches think parents are clowns

I agree with 98% of this. If an underage girl really impress at camp, the coach will write her name down and maybe ask her to register on their propect website. However, all it means that is this kid will get on their radar -- nowhere close to an offer

I do think it makes sense to do a showcase or two as an 8th grader -- just to understand how they work, but it should be more for development than exposure.