Originally Posted by Anonymous
OP here, I agree that MDU is in top 5, but just don’t see them as top 3 program at any age level. No one is shaking in their boots knowing they have to play MDU.

Top 5 MidAtlantic Overall:
1. M&D
2. Hero’s
3. Skywalkers
4. MDU
5. ????

Top 5 MidAtlantic 28’s & Younger:
1. M&D
2. Hero’s
3. Coppermine
4. MDU
5. ???? Looking at how standings ended up for NGLL, there’s no clear #5 program. My gut says Crush or Next Level, but they don’t have consistent teams at A Division. Most notably, this spot CANNOT go to Skywalkers. Their younger teams, outside of one or two good players each team, are just not elite anymore.

Again, what are you basing this on? MDU had the same number of teams 28 and younger in the semi-finals and finals as Coppermine. Coppermine has one great team (28) and 2 particularly strong teams (27 & 29) at younger years. But as many people have pointed out in the past, having strong young teams isn't necessarily predictive of success at older ages for a number of reasons. I don't see any solid logic to crown Coppermine future "top 3" over other clubs. And it's not because they have access to fields - most teams have access to fields.

I don’t see a huge gap between 3 and 4. Put MDU at 4 and Coppermine at 4 if that makes you happy. My point is more about Skywalkers. MDU has had past success and will continue to do so. Coppermine has not had great teams in the past, but is likely to capture that Skywalkers/Baltimore talent moving forward to compete with M&D for the same players. I put Coppermine above MDU because Baltimore players are overall better than the kids down South both in the past and currently.

" I put Coppermine above MDU because Baltimore players are overall better than the kids down South both in the past and currently"

Talk about flawed logic. Why not apply that to Crush vs MDU?

Yes, an area as big as "Baltimore" and with a population density many times greater than Anne Arundel County, you are going to find more lacrosse talent. None of that means Coppermine is "better" than MDU. Does this same logic apply with Severna Park and Broadneck considered lesser than say Delaney or Loch Raven HS? Is St. Mary's lesser than John Carroll due to this logic as well?

" I put Coppermine above MDU because Baltimore players are overall better than the kids down South both in the past and currently" What an stunad. Coppermine will fade as always in high school.

If the top players stay at coppermine and MDU, there is no reason that they would fade away. That is the whole point of the recent conversations. MDU area top teams at 28s, but not typically top teams in HS. Will they stay together and build the program or will their top players leave and the high school ranks for 28s will trend the way of years past with M&D, Heros, and Skywalkers being at the top.

For reference since everyone loves numbers. UA 150 (the #1 invite only showcase inthe country for 24s and 25s) released rosters by club last week. Here are the breakouts by club. About 400 girls in total across the country. To be fair, Robinson Sports co-runs this event which explains why so many M&D girls. That said, its pretty directions round talent levels.

Sky Walkers 28
M&D 31
Hero's 12
NEMS 12
MDU 3
Capital 11
Pride 5
Integrity 4
TLC 3
Coppermine 3
MC Elite 2
CCLax 2