Originally Posted by Anonymous
Who won Lax for the Cure?

Coppermine won. I was impressed how handedly they beat M&D, but that being said i did notice multiple coppermine players scoring. From the score of the championship, HHH was no match to them at all

Not trying to undermine Coppermine's win, they clearly deserved to win the tournament. But will say that teams in the top division had a significantly harder and more exhausting road to the playoffs. I think Coppermine would have won regardless, but they were truly set up to be fresh and ready to dominate come playoff time. You can only play schedule you're given, so not Coppermine's fault, but did not make a ton of sense to have #2 and #3 ranked teams in second division playing much weaker competition, while not meeting in pool play.

Guessing this is an M&D dad who is mad they had to play MDU and Aces (ouch 3-11) in their bracket. Still, this is a poor analysis.

First, if Coppermine and Heroes were in the Scarlet Division, M&D and MDU wouldn't have made the bracket playoffs. So Coppermine would have been "set up...to dominate" in the playoffs regardless, against the best of your supposed "much weaker competition". Second, the average rankings in the top two divisions were not that out of whack (11 for Scarlet; 15 for Rose); and it's hard to call a division with Coppermine and Heroes a "second division". Plus, Prime Time and Pride, two teams in the 20s, actually gave Coppermine its most competitive games. Third, the relative rankings of the non-mid-Atlantic teams--Long Island, Upstate, and Philly in particular, haven't really shaken out yet this tournament season. Based on the last two tournaments and the eye test, I would say these teams are better than their relative rankings as HHH demonstrated at LFTC and Yellow Jackets and Legacy/NXT showed at LLL.