Originally Posted by Anonymous
[quote=Anonymous][quote=Anonymous]Skywalkers are better because they have borrowed players for the summer tournaments only. This means their regular players, who pays the yearly fee, gets less playing time. Starters are suddenly not starters.

Where are the borrowed players from? Curious to hear/see how many current Skywalkers/Crush players attend the Tucker tune up in prep to tryout for Coppermine soon.

I guarantee you more Coppermine and Crush players go to SW than the other way around.

Probably right on Crush players but i'll take that bet on Coppermine. Why would they leave? They will only keep getting better.

Because for some of them it will eventually become more about getting connected with college programs than winning t-shirts. Maybe not this young, but eventually.

I think you are incorrect on that. If they stay the top team in the country, they will be in the top tournaments and be seen by the top coaches. No need to ruin a top team to take a chance on a lesser team somewhere else. Things change, new clubs can enter the scene.

I think more kids will leave after 7th grade than after 6th and many will go to M&D and Heros rather than SW.

But at some point, recruiting reputation, connections to big showcases and getting into top tourneys will make a difference.

The problem Coppermine has is that their 24 and 25 teams are average at best and won't have good recruiting results. This will make it hard to keep their top players.