Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
OP here, I agree that MDU is in top 5, but just don’t see them as top 3 program at any age level. No one is shaking in their boots knowing they have to play MDU.

Top 5 MidAtlantic Overall:
1. M&D
2. Hero’s
3. Skywalkers
4. MDU
5. ????

Top 5 MidAtlantic 28’s & Younger:
1. M&D
2. Hero’s
3. Coppermine
4. MDU
5. ???? Looking at how standings ended up for NGLL, there’s no clear #5 program. My gut says Crush or Next Level, but they don’t have consistent teams at A Division. Most notably, this spot CANNOT go to Skywalkers. Their younger teams, outside of one or two good players each team, are just not elite anymore.

Again, what are you basing this on? MDU had the same number of teams 28 and younger in the semi-finals and finals as Coppermine. Coppermine has one great team (28) and 2 particularly strong teams (27 & 29) at younger years. But as many people have pointed out in the past, having strong young teams isn't necessarily predictive of success at older ages for a number of reasons. I don't see any solid logic to crown Coppermine future "top 3" over other clubs. And it's not because they have access to fields - most teams have access to fields.

Very much debatable how strong Coppermine 27 is. They seem to have faded the last few seasons. Hard team to figure out, they went 6-2 in NGLL but only beat 1 team with a winning record. Only made playoffs due to the uneven division lineups.