Anyone ranting about new rules for this year's tournament is being ridiculous. The rules changed early enough for any team to decide it was not for them or to add players that fit the bill. You have 1-2 teams coming outside the US. Their schools system isn't grade based like ours. The goal is to have more non us teams in years to come. Last year there was a kid that turned 14 during the games and yet there were teams with 12 yr olds and 13. While I despise reclassing and feel it is a desperate move to make an avg kid standout against his younger peers, this tournament isn't playing by grade, so anyone within the age restrictions are free to play. It's not taking advantage, it's the rules. It's more along the U system that used to be played in most tournaments. So really, whether Taz or Blaze or any MD, Fl or international team has kids that are older than an avg or young 7th grader is not important.

Truthfully, I liked the way it was done last year with the teams going in with their set tourney team and not an all star team, but I see why teams would put together an all star team as the week can be expensive, so they maximize their chances of doing well.

Good luck to all- it was a great experience for my son and I hope the spirit and love for the game that was there last year is there this year as well.