Originally Posted by Anonymous
]dems the breaks - under the new rules post November smile

Yep, so you have to deal with it or walk away. Everyone wants age based except when they don't ... No need to try to figure it out.

Actually nobody wants age based when it means mixing 8th grade kids with young seventh grade kids. Wait until someone gets hurt this year and they will be right with US Lacrosse next year...September 1 and 7th grade. It is the only scenario that actually makes sense. But some will seek to use the rules to sneak a big win. Oh well.

If your kid plays lax on a club team, he's been playing kids with a range in age of 18 months or more already. This is supposed to be the World Series, not just the US and eventually that is the goal. This has nothing to do with one specific team or club. The landscape is even- all teams can bring kids within the same aged group. The rules were out there for a while now and teams/clubs have approached them how they wished. Some created new teams, some merged teams, some are bringing their original rostered team. Stop the complaining- if you don't like it, don't do it! No one is forcing anyone to be a part of this tournament.

That said, I thought bringing the team you play with year round was the best way to do it. It just seems more valuable in playing teams you see at tournaments and ones with a track record, rather than a team that plays in just a minimum of two tournaments. However- rules change and the clubs can choose to play with these new rules or not. Maybe next year will be different, maybe not. Kids outside the US don't have the same grade equivalence as those in the US, so my bet will be that the grade based rule is gone and they will stick with a 15-18 mo age spread. I do hope to see teams from outside the US join the tournament next year. That would be exciting for all the kids!