Originally Posted by Anonymous
Team Israel was from Florida, Maryland and Connecticut. All US kids. Not a single person from Israel. This only further demonstrates what a joke this circus is becoming. Can we take a pole as to what sham national team is created for next year?

What's wrong if a country allows dual citizenship and a player is able to represent, as opposed just a club team based in the US? If it's the 'world series' then countries can go and to be part of it can be a great experience.

Are you telling me if your son/daughter develops to be a great player later on, has dual citizenship with another country, BUT cannot represent the US in world play or maybe Olympics, you would shun the opportunity to participate? Dual citizenship is already going on at the older world level, but we don't hear you complaining about that scenario.

I think a country entering this year a good step forward and I give the team credit for attending as the only represented country, knowing full well the level of competition.

The only downside at this age level is finding the players for the less skilled countries. But it's gotta start somewhere and that's great.

Unfortunately, for whichever club owner who decides to create a mega-uber team called "TEAM USA: a division of 88+3, NLF Affiliate and Conglomerate, Expressly coached by the Biggest Four Leading Edge and Crabby D-I Alumni with the intent to create a Leggicy for Dunkin Donuts"....that owner will either be guaranteed to make a fortune from the parents and dominate the tournament for years, or make the event spontaneously combust.