Many of the tournaments are grade based and teams are grade-based. These teams simply don't play in age-based tournaments and don't care about USL rules, policies and governance. I don't see how this will have much of an impact . . . unless it's a U-based tournament.
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think they will have to comply because it will be too expensive for club teams to try and manage a US lacrosse compliant club program (players playing within 12 month age range with September 1 cutoff) and an entirely separate team that never plays together picked from two separate age groups just for one weekend tournament. Would be absurd and a total nightmare. Clubs that follow US lacrosse guidelines won't participate because they won't be competitive and their kids will get injured playing the older kids in WSYL. WSYL should just align with the governing body recommendation.

Why do you think the WSYL will have to comply? They don't this year.....

US lacrosse just adopted a new player segmentation policy for player safety. They are promoting players play within a 12 month age range with an age cutoff of September 1.

"Age is based on player's age as of September 1 in an attempt to align with the majority of school systems nationwide to allow players to play with people in their own grade level."

WSYL will have to comply next year for the safety of the kids. This year I guess will just be a free for all with a mix of ages and grades. Too bad for the kids it turned out to be such a mess this year.