Originally Posted by Anonymous
You must be very proud playing your 2020 team down against 2021's.
How will[***]get away with sending their 2020/8th grade team to a 2021/7th grade tournament? this is absurd. Does anyone check the rosters?
The 2020 Legacy Taz team was dominant in the North Regionals, but in the summer things should change as they will have to play some of the 2021 players. This makes Black Ice the odds on favorite to win it all.

For the millionth time buddy it's an AGE-BASED TOURNAMENT!!! Not a grade-based one!!! If your math teacher tells you that you can use a calculator for the test but you choose to figure the problems out on paper that is your choice but don't go crying because you didn't use all avenues to success at your disposal THAT ARE ALLOWED DUE TO THE...wait for it.....YES THE RULES!!!! IT'S AN AGE-BASED TOURNAMENT!! And yes these are shouty capitals! Lol enough already

But what if your teacher CHANGES the rule and doesn't TELL YOU that you can use a calculator until you walk into the classroom for the test. AND the teacher happened to tell a couple of kids about the new rule the night before so they could bring their calculator with them to the test?! That's the issue!

The IMPLEMENTATION, TIMING and LACK OF TARANSPARENCY (as well as the original 5/1 cutoff date) leads many people to believe this change and timing was engineered to benefit a select few. Right or wrong, it just looks very suspicious.

Our organization found out when every other organization found out about the rule change. Our organization acted upon it...they didn't stick their head in the sand and pretend it is still grade-based as I am guessing your organization did. We didn't make the rules, we are just playing by the rules. I love how so many people/teams want grade based where you can hide holdbacks and say oh it's a 2021 team whereas it would reveal holdbacks and in certain parts of the country those 21's might be 20's. There are no secrets on our roster...all boys on the team are born after May 1, 2002. You can stop your conspiracy theories...you sound like an excuse-making nut! We've got young talented players so we must've had an inside scoop? Do you hear yourself?

You people are intentionally being obtuse and I'm done arguing it. If international teams come to the tournament it needs to be age based. All of you crying about not going by grade must be disappointed little Johnny was too old to make the AGE cutoff. I'm done listening to the crying. Good bye.