Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Curiously speculation of clubs legally playing 20's in this event Legally!! What about TA playing 2020 kids on the Igloo 2021 team the past few years in addition recruiting a player from Pennsylania. I believe the microscope should clearly be on a person who has a clear track record of actually cheating NOT stretching the rules flat out breaking them. For years the club my son plays for (express) and their rival 91 gets criticized while this person flys free. Making ,any of us realize much of the criticism and accusations come from igloo affiliated people.

Oh, the LI NLF alliance members are joining forces in posts now, how sweet! But beware! The New Lacrosse Fund will be sure to take all your money by promising to berate any player or organization not part of the alliance and garner you that feaux scholarship. Go ahead, it's your money to spend to fly down to Florida and to watch a wall ball demonstration (you gotta admit, better time with other technique drills could have been spent during that segment!)

The criticism on this forum and in public comes from those who know the reputation of your director, sir, and from those who experienced him firsthand. The voice is not any specific organization, but the voice of the knowing public from across the nation.

Fellow readers, don't be fooled by this NLF propaganda. Igloo has always played by US Lacrosse rules & age brackets. That's been a known fact.

If you think the 2021 Express 'go to' players are not pre-k redshirts or older, you're blind and in denial. You being part of that team for so long should have observed that by now. What about this year's add-ons? We will see.

After all, it's the NLF way, as the founding members have publicly declared they 'all have the same philosophy'.

Just this past summer I'm sure you reiterated what you've been saying on the sidelines for years when Express played Laxachusetts and Crabs. 'They have holdbacks and cheat.' But now you are part of the NLF family and support the cause by actively participating and donating. Don't be a hypocrite, it's unbecoming of a gentleman.

If you think your director doesn't cheat you're lying to yourself. He promotes and meets with families to recommend holding the athlete back. When one defers, the athlete will see the bench. The writing is on the wall. Current rostered players will have even less time when the holdbacks come next year in 8th grade-unless he breaks the promise and cuts/moves the kid to the B team like he did with another player this year.

The list of grievances of the Express organization has been going on for years.

Your director is one of the most hated men in lacrosse. Why do you put up with it? The hopes of $6k in scholarship money?

If your family (and child) loves lacrosse so much, ask yourself this:

Why am I participating in the toxic Express environment and supporting the NLF philosphy that I don't agree with?

Yes, Igloo does and has always played by USlacrosse rules. But those rules are U10, U11, U12, etc... Meaning players that are in 5th grade have always, and still do, play in 4th grade tournaments. Likewise for every other age group. When a player is set to graduate in 2021, he's not allowed to play on a 2022 team. It's simple. The rules for each tournament are pretty straight forward. You must play in the grade level of your oldest player. Team LI does it the same way, except they always played by the rules. Igloo does not, and never have. Holdbacks are one thing, flat out cheating is something else altogether.