Not sure if he still does it but I recall Tambroni saying he'd always keep a slot or two available for a late bloomer. This was after he was able to wrestle Rob Panell way from Quinippiac. Rob's original commitment, when he was still just a decent player off LI, not the player he'd developed into.

After watching, and hearing about, Pat Spencer the past few weekends I don't see why all coaches don't save a spot for late bloomers. Spencer, according to the broadcasters, as a late bloomer made his final decision between Loyola, Villanova and Fairfield. No disrespect to those three but I would imagine there are a bunch of other schools that would find a place on their rosters for him now.

I was the original wise guy poster who questioned the ER ranger. For what it's worth I was stirring the pot, I agree ER has gotten entirely out of hand. It isn't going to be rolled back by coaches, but college presidents should be saying we will not commit our university until admissions gets what they need. Not a "you get these grades and you're good", a firm "I can't commit until I am told you're through admissions". It won't stop it but it may slow it down, and roll it back a year or so.