Originally Posted by Anonymous
You have a better chance of seeing big foot at a syracuse game, then an 18 year old freshmen, what a disgrace.

and you know this how? they dont publish bdays on Cuse site. They have a freshman starting on D thats a legit 2015 from West Genny. Im not sure what your point is, all of the D1 programs are loaded with kids who reclassed or did a PG year. Its the way it is and the way it always will be, tell your kid to get in the gym, get good grades and work hard and it wont matter how old the kid is across from him
Spoken like a true Maryland cheater, You have to work harder while we game the system. Of course the kid from 'cuse is a true '15 He's from N.Y.

Sorry to disappoint, but not from Maryland and not a cheater. I have news for you, take a look at your beloved St. Anthony's and Chaminade rosters, youll find plenty of holdbacks and reclasses there too. The Prep schools are full of them as well. Oh and you can cry and whine about Maryland holdbacks and reclasses but I dont think anything rivals the rampant favoritism, nepotism, and money grabbing that goes on with the Long Island Club and High School lacrosse scene and I would defy anyone to say otherwise. Simply put it doesnt matter how old you are, if you play for the right club and go to the right school you get into the right showcases and you get recruited to the right schools, plain and simple.

No one is more critical of St Anthonys and Chaminade than me. Blast them every chance I get. Can't stand the Express either. The CHSAA is a travesty and disgrace. The Big 2 only care about themselves and could care less about the rest of the teams in the league they play. They'd rather have 200 kids try out and cut them, than have them go to any one of the other CHSAA schools. However, name the hold backs and reclasses. You seem to imply direct knowledge. The crab eaters are no different than the likes of Laxachusetts where supposed 8th graders are 6-3 and 185 pounds. Admit to gaming the system. I'd have more respect for you.

Yes I have direct knowledge, but no I dont think posting kids names on an open forum is a good idea.

So if you mean pulling my kid out of a corrupt and political high school and getting him away from the toxic Long Island club lacrosse scene, then yes I am guilty of "gaming" the system. He is currently at a prep school where he is thriving, and will graduate as an 18 yr old and is committed to a mid D1 school. I simply dont understand why everyone is so concerned about what other people are doing and the decisions they are making for THEIR children.

Oh and if you are so concerned about who the holdbacks and repeaters are, just do a little research, not hard to do.

Additionally, take a look at D1 rosters sometime and take note of the birthdates if they are posted, every single D1 roster is chock full of 19 and 20 year old freshman. College coaches dont care and frankly I think many encourage reclassifying and PG years. Take a look at Dukes 2018 commits, pretty much exemplifies whats going on.