Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's the most fabulous assessment of a team that's won ONE game in the ACC since these seniors started in the program. Sure players have comraderie with each other and have gained friendships. But when you've worn that uniform for 4 years and the program has done absolutely nothing in the sport as a program that isn't a very good feeling for anyone. Sure, alumni events are fun. Sure, the alums are supportive of the players and will help them with job searches. That's what the guys do. But this program is an empty shell of what it once was. Saying they have some good players is no different now than saying Towson has some guys who can play. It doesn't mean anything.

Not sure what the Towson reference is, they're ranked #9 and UVA is unranked... Here's the difference, UVA has been recruiting 20 year old freshman hold backs and 9th graders for a while now. It's not panning out. Kids who've been playing down for years are getting their worlds rocked when they have to play up against grown men, and the superstar 9th graders are not the superstar college freshmen. Think they are missing on recruits more often than not. Do a little research on these top rated kids in each grade from a few years ago, see how many have become All-Americans? See how many are even still playing or playing at the school that recruited them. I think you'd be surprised at the results.

I wouldn't be surprised at the results at all!! Any college coach that gives a verbal commitment to and 8th/9th grade star is IMO totally crazy, especially if the kid is a holdback. At this age a year or two in age can really make a kid look bigger/faster/stronger but that does not translate into a super athlete. All that means is a kid is beating up on younger kids. I seriously don't get it, I guess maybe some coaches will decide it isn't worth it when they lose their jobs because of poor recruiting decisions

I'd be shocked if we don't see a few major Coaching vacancies this year. A retirement or two, and a firing or two. Needs to happen.

Clearly Starsia and Breschi have to go. Virginia looked awful against Duke today, and Carolina got embarrassed by Cuse yesterday. With the talent both of those schools are able to attract they should be in the thick of it every year.