Two of the games I was able to watch and my analysis of them.

Hofstra vs Princeton
Hofstra has something special with its two attack players #5 and #42. Goalie is hot right now. They need to ride that train. Their clearing game was awful to put it lightly. Relying way to much on the long poles to bring the ball up. The middy play is commendable very athletic but undersized. They seem to wear down as the game goes on and that is why they had so many losses last year by 1 or 2 goals when they were leading going into the 4th. with the addition of the Canadian they might be able to posses the ball a bit in the 4th and eat up valuable clock.

Princeton was just white bread nothing exciting. No major flaws yet no real threats. I bet they wish they had the transfer to Villanova back he put up 8 goals himself in one game yesterday. Their goalie was average and they dont have a true faceoff stud. Have some big mids but they never pulled the trigger. They worked a lot of weave offense with many of their goals coming from backside. Will definitely fall out of rankings.

UNC vs Hopkins
Hopkins no longer has the athletes they once had. Clearing game was worst I have seen in a long time. Also turned the ball over way to often. Goalie play was bad. Poor outlets and lack of communication resulted in 3 to 4 turnovers and goals. The difference in the game, in my opinion. I think they had at least 20 turnovers. 6 or 7 failed clears. No real athlete to come back to ball and just blaze it up the field. Their attack is not itself and they need Stanwick to be more of a creator from X he had 5 assists but didn't do much else. Its scary to say but they need more from him. Brown might be one of the best pure shooters I have seen in a while. When he gets his hands free his shot is almost unstoppable. Great torque and hides the ball well. Their mids consist of #44 and him only. He is the only real threat the team has and he does it from behind from the side and up top. need another supporting character. Defense young and late to slide comes from inexperience. With Petro coaching it should sort itself out.

UNC came out hot was up quick and then kinda stalled and picked it up when it counted. Goalie play was poor for them also. Both goalies had sub 40% save percentage. By the box score you can see that many goals scored by UNC were off fast break and turnovers. 7 assist on their 15 goals where Hop had 10 assists on their 11. They are a very vanilla team with nothing that really stood out in a good or a bad way as players. Cloutier is the real deal as is Simpson, Taglafarie, and Pontrello. They need more from their defense and faceoff.