Originally Posted by Anonymous
Although I agree that ER is hurting the game, the argument that ER is hurting the big programs is just silly. Maryland is most likely going to win the National championship and they are one of the most active ER schools out there. UNC as well and they are in the final four. Brown and Loyola are in the ER game now as well although not to the extent the other schools are. I also agree that the ER practice has been going on for a long time but with the explosion of the sport and social media, everything is out in the open now.
You are selective in your argument. UNC has struggled up until this year in terms of progressing in the NCAA tournament. What about UVA, Ohio State, Michigan? All ER schools.

UNC's struggles had everything to do with coaching and less to do with recruiting. Breschi has had amazing talent there and just hasnt been able to put that together. I think the same applies to UVA, if you look at their recruiting classes every year they are among the top rated classes in college lax. Its no coincidence that Starsia got the boot. Michigan is a new program so we really cant gauge what they are, and IMO their coach is a gigantic tool that has no clue what hes doing. Lastly Ohio State just recently got into the ER game and I think for them its more of a case of bad recruiting rather than ER.

You can't be serious??? With all that "talent" UNC, UVA, JHU, and others should be able to beat teams like MU by 10 with their 3 line. Do you really think Coaching has that much to do with it? These "talent rich" programs should be able to win with such amazing athletes... See Miami Heat, Labron leaves, no more Championships. Guess it was the Coach that made them win? Your argument is so silly... It's time to face facts. I've played sports all my life, my kids have too. You cannot Coach an average kid into a super athlete. It rarely if ever works. Point is, if teams like UNC and UVA are getting such superior recruits, they should be able to win easily with such an overwhelmingly lopsided advantage. So much of todays game is winning individual match ups. With that said, those superior athletes should be winning all the time!! No? Regardless of who's Coaching. The reality is, those recruits just aren't panning out, and the schools that have traditionally waited are doing very well. Brown and Loyola are perfect examples. I know both their super attacks where not recruited early!!! I'm also pretty sure the kid from Brown was recruited as a midfielder... Buckle in, very good chance it's a Loyola Brown final. Even if it's not, with all that "talent", according to you, these two teams shouldn't even be in the final four.