Originally Posted by Anonymous
Petro's early recruiting gamble, not only did not pay off...
It helped shift the competitive balance by leaving Towson's and Albany's of the world, scoop the, not so long shot, hs seniors.

Well Petro now has 13 2020s committed so the early recruiting train rolls on. He's screwed if the trend continues.

How is he screwed???. He is paying these kids peanuts in scholarship $ and the line continues to form outside his door. He should commit more since it increases the odds of getting an impact player. The players are getting screwed as he has proven not to be a top notch coach anymore and these kids are paying full boat to sit on the bench.

Yeah, but it's still a Hopkins education.

Hopkins is known for it's prowess in the Sciences, Pre med, etc. On the Lax team, a very popular major is Political Science. What type of career does one pursue with that major? please read, https://www.thoughtco.com/careers-for-political-science-majors-793109
Let's recap. Players lining up for: no money to go to a $60,000 a year school, a program in decline, and a Poly-Sci degree. I think the Finance major from a lesser name brand lax school may be a little better option, and may prepare one a little better for life, just my opinion. I think many like me might agree. Top recruits, with great grades, are bailing and heading to the Ivies. Seems like Petro IS screwed...

Hey dingus, the Hop has the Whiting School of Engineering for undergrad/grad, the Carey Business school, ROTC program, just to name a few that you failed to recognize. One thing to banter about their season, but far cry to say not a great school. Actually, just a really silly notion. Now, if they go there and major in German Romance Language, agreed, probably could have put parent's money to better use. No offense to all of our German Romance Language scholars on here, of course..