Originally Posted by Anonymous
There has to be some college coaches on the hot seat this year... Gtown, Nova, HC??
...UNC's Championship solidified Brecci's job for a long time

Not sure about the hot seat but which new programs or programs with new coaches have done the best?

We all know BT at Denver is the best.

Navy
Stony Brook
Georgetown
Penn State
Cornell
Marquette
Michigan
Dartmouth
etc...

I would say Navy, Penn State and Cornell are doing okay to good. Navy--who schedules openers against Hops and Maryland??? They are a good team. . .needed to ease into the year. PSU--great offense; d has some work to do. Cornell--we'll see tomorrow against PSU. G'town and Dartmouth are a mess. Michigan and Marquette still have time, coach-wise (in my limited opinion). Sowell, Kerwick and Tambroni aren't going anywhere anytime soon. Warne? Tick tock tick tock. Callahan will be given a couple of years, esp. after his recent actions. My (uneducated guess) predictions for next five years: ACC wanes, Big Ten becomes more dominant, Ivy stays the same, Big East improves, Patriot stays the same.

Most coaches are given a fair amount of time to establish themselves. In general they are given time to bring in their own assistant coaches, recruits and to implement their system/philosophy/program etc... You have to look at the body of work, not one game or one season. Once a coach has had a few years and has his staff and players all on the same page you can begin to evaluate based on overall performance.

With out question, Denver has the best coach. After that I would say The Marquette coach has done the best job. Navy came within one goal of making the Final Four last year which is pretty impressive and telling. Stony Brook is doing pretty well being that they do not have as much to offer as some of the other schools listed. Cornell coach is just entering his fourth season so the Jury is still out but I suspect he will do fine. Penn State Coach gets hyped up but results have never met or surpassed expectations. maybe this is the year. Dartmouth Coach is making bold moves but has only been there two years. Only time will tell if he is doing the right thing. Michigan coach has been given an incredible opportunity. Maybe they bit off a bit more than they could chew with their schedule. Their record has been pretty poor but they have been played a tough schedule from day one. Although their record has not been great they have become much more competitive. We will see, hope they give him another year or two. Georgetown Coach has to be feeling the heat. Tough year in 2016 and did not start off great this year. No reason GTown can't do better.

I get the positive spin your putting on with these coaches you mention. Find it funny about Navy coach. The alumni etc wanted to hang him last year. Now he is considered by your account as doing well. As far as 1 goal away from final 4 ...they lost to Army in PL playoffs, but made the tourney with less than impressive credentials.