Originally Posted by Anonymous
The coaches can't wait because the parents and kids won't wait? So the parents and the kids control the supply side as well as the demand side?

The NCAA coaches look pathetic. And then beyond pathetic to ask the NCAA to play daddy when they can't but help themselves refrain. The most encouraging sign to me now us 3 things. 1. UVA sucks. 2. Hop sucks 3. UNC sucks. Let's see how well the early recruiting gurus do staying employed. The first one should be straight outa Charlottesville any time now.

UVA is a train wreck I agree, however I firmly believe that is a coaching issue not an ER issue. Hop and UNC will most likely be in the NCAA tourney so that story isnt written yet. UNC and Hop have disappointed for the most part save Hops final four appearance last year. Petro isnt going anywhere and I dont think UNC cares enough about lacrosse to boot Breschi although he clearly deserves it if they miss another final four. Duke, ND, Maryland and Denver are all ER players and I dont see any of their coaches going anywhere either. Unless something is done on the administrative side nothing will change and even if it does I dont see the landscape of college lacrosse changing all that much. The top programs will still get the top kids, theyll just get them later on in the process. It will hurt the clubs bottom line and the money grab showcase scene which is definitely not a bad thing.

You're missing the point! If Hop, UNC and UVA were in fact getting the "best" kids, they should be able to win. Rutgers beating Hop twice in the same year is proof positive. Supposedly, Hop has had the best recruiting classes year in and year out. Only ten kids on the field at one time. If in fact they are getting the "best" kids they should be able to beat Rutgers with their 3 string? No? Of course not. Because they are NOT getting the best kids. What more proof do you need? The best 9th graders are not the best college sophomores and juniors, that's a fact. Further, the over rated 20 year old college freshman that Hop has been recruiting are also not panning out either. If they were, they would be killing teams like Rutgers with their back ups. Clearly, kids who've played down from 8-12th grade cannot compete against older tougher, better competition when they get to college. Combine these two issues, with growth of the game and this is the result. Buckle in, it's going to continue at an exponentially rapid pace. Anyone notice MU knocking off Denver? The parity genie is out of the bottle and the biggest losers in this whole deal are the biggest supporters of ER and Hold back recruitment. I for one think it's great for the game.

I agree parity is here to stay. Marquette over DU, Hartford knocks off Albany. Marquettes success has everything to do with coaching, that guy has done a phenomenal job in such a short time. Again, I think parity is here to stay but I am not convinced ER has anything to do with the success or failures of some of the big teams.