Originally Posted by Anonymous
How ridiculous watching the OSU game at there football stadium on ESPN and 200 people there watching it. That goes back to scholarships and people think everyone gets "Free Ride" or half . No such thing , brings no money in. 50 man roster with 12 scholarships you do the math.

That's because it's Ohio, nobody cares about lax there and it's too far for parents/ friends to get there. Hot bed schools have thousands in stands. Oh, and a handful of players get the bulk of the money, fact. And another myth debunked again this weekend, plenty of very small players out there getting the job done. My favorite was the 5'4. 140 pound kid from Nova. What a firecracker!

Okay, I'll bite, what's attendance been at Hofstra this year? Thousands?? Try hundreds. Long Island is THE lacrosse hot bed and Hofstra is ranked and the stands still sit empty. And for every firecracker there's 5 guys with the size and speed of an NFL linebacker.

I was @ a Duke - NC lax game a few years ago, and there were maybe a 100 spectators there - no one goes to watch college lacrosse except friends and family. It's a shame because it is a great g ame, but it is what it is. So, the Ohio venue had little to no bearing on how many people were there watching.

Agree.... attendance is low at many schools for lacrosse, MD or LI.
That Hopkins/Syracuse game didn't seem to be very well attended either so spare me the MD hotbed BS.

Weather plays a factor here..... I was all ready to get to the Hofstra game this weekend, but to bring my 2 sons with me to this past weekends game (in the cold, raw, rainy conditions) would be insane.

Let's look at attendance during conference play as weather should be nicer