Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
2014 was the first very early recruiting year. Those kids are sophomores right now. We will not truly see the results of ER for another couple of years. The teams that are in the final four are led by seniors and juniors who were not early recruits .

I am not a fan of ER and my kid is an ER. We committed too early and his academics turned out to be better than expected and interests changed. Spots are now filled and he is stuck with his original choice.

If he is stuck as you describe it, that tells me his grades got better but his lacrosse didn't. If another coach/team needed a kid like yours he would find a way to get you. There is always a spot, no matter what they tell you. But those coaches don't have the need so you can stick with your deal or roll the dice with the place he wants and take a chance as an invited walk on. If the deal is too good to walk away from and you don't have to pay, you and your boy still won in the ER game.

In this case the grades are good enough for Ivy League athletic supported admission but the risk is that Your not guaranteed Ivy admission until you actually know you have it in hand. the other lacrosse related options are not as good academically as the present. So that is why I say stuck. I would have much preferred this was all going to happen after junior year. We could have made more informed decision. Maybe still would have done the same thing.