Originally Posted by Anonymous
First half of the 10 goals Harvard scored 8 of them were point blank shots that nobody would have saved. I think the goalie had 5 or so really good saves that should have been goals. Totally agree about the defense.

Goalie kept them in the game!

I was at the game and I have to say I was unimpressed with Miles. He barely moved without the ball. His biggest play is when he bull dodged a Harvard attackman and the threw the ball away. The goalie 100% for Duke kept them in the game. Stood on his head. Saves he made were point blank as were goals against.

Never been impressed with Miles.

Not sure on the details at Duke, but remember this is the week where most colleges started spring break, and it is the mid-semester. It is possible this Duke team looks ragged because the kids just finished mid-term exams week. Jones looks particularly ragged, and it could also be he's been sick. Jones has shown what he can do in the past few years and he is really good when he's on.

Have to disagree on the goalie. I know this is a proud LI board, but he couldn't stop anything in the first half against Harvard including some outside bombs he could see from 14-16 yards. In the second half Harvard shot into his chest once and into his shins 2 times. Those aren't standing on your head saves were Harvard blew some easy finishes at the doorstep. He struggled last night too, especially on the low shots. Teams are going to pound it low on Fowler until he shows he can save them.