Originally Posted by Anonymous
I am new to the site and a little overwhelmed.... so please be patient.

My daughter is Class of 2020 and after playing JV as a freshman, want to now play in a year round league to improve her skills to assure she can play Varsity as a junior. She has played clinics as the LI Sports Hub in winter and an Adelphi program this past summer. Playing for the purposes of being recruited for colleges is not a priority- but I clearly understand why leagues at this level do so.

So many leagues...... and tryouts are coming soon.

I am looking for some honest feedback as to what might be some leagues to consider.

So I've figured out the REPLY button but am unsure if this should be a separate thread. My apologies if not.

By "leagues" it sounds like you are talking about clubs? Not aware of any leagues that have individual registration - teams are by high school or travel club at this age. For clubs, it depends on where you live and what type of commitment you are interested in as far as travel, expense, time, etc. Some are year-round, some mainly summer. Really have to do your own research - club websites typically list their tournament schedules, practices and sometimes cost.

This site used to have links to most of the clubs, but not anymore. Could start on tourneymachine, find a local tournament and make a list of teams, then Google them for websites.

A little late to the game with top club rosters pretty much set by now, but good luck - tryouts are coming up soon in August and September.