Originally Posted by Anonymous
That's not true. My kid went to several camps " to take a shot" and got dialogue and opportunities at least half of them. We told our club coach in advance to let them know she was attending. It depends on how you show and play at them. All I can is be realistic and size your kid up against the competition during the tourney season. Then decide yes maybe my kid has a shot to impress and then it comes down to how hard they want to work for it.

On average 1-3 kids from most HS teams will get an athletic offer. Good luck!

Not the case with lacrosse on Long Island when talking about "Lacrosse Towns". Schools like Garden City, Manhasset. Syosset, Cold Spring Harbor, Ward Melville, Smithtown etc.. plus St. Anthony's and Chaminade and a hand full of others. These schools have a lot more than 1-3 DI Lacrosse commits,

Currently in our district in grades 10 - 12 there are at least 29 DI commits.
(14 Boys and 15 Girls) I am sure that there will be a few more by the end of the school year.

The younger kids know this and they look up the these players and work hard in the classroom and on the field.

Between the boys and the girls I think Ward Melville actually has 30 players committed to DI schools in grades 10 - 12. By end of the school year they may have a few more. Add to that the DII and DIII players and there could be another 15 plus kids going on to play in college from those three grades. The 2020 will start to commit soon. Thats a lot of kids with great opportunities.
Don't let the negative people influence you or your children. If your kids love competing then have them work hard and their future will be bright in the classroom, on the field and in life.

Enjoy the ride.