Originally Posted by Anonymous
To change the subject a little, my 2020 daughter visited a few schools December and January. The visits were real visits, requested by schools. The visits were anywhere between 4-8 hours and went well, but to date there haven't been any offers. When I look at the schools she visited most of them are still filling out their 2019 rosters, and the schools did mention they would get back to us when they sorted out their recruits. Each school Said she was high on their list, but I know they'll say things like that anyway. I know that if she was the #1 or #2 choice obviously she'd have gotten a response, but typically how long before schools come back, or is it most likely something that will need to be revisited in the spring? Please try to answer question without sarcasm, I'm just trying to get a feel for the process. Thanks

If your daughter is interested in these schools, she should be emailing them regularly to stay in touch and show interest if she is not already doing so. She can always request a call to ask the coaches where she stands with them, and find out where the program is with their 2020 class. A coach or club recruiting director can help with that.

My daughter started having calls, scheduling some visits, etc. at the end of the summer before 9th grade. The process varied for each school. With one school, the timeline was 6 months from first contact, prospect day, coach seeing her play, second visit which then ended in an offer. Another school was quicker and ready to make an offer after a two day visit because they knew other schools were about to offer.

Hope that helps...there is still a lot of time left for 2020s at most schools, and even the top ranked schools will probably add a few 2020s during the summer.