Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Whoever said you pay as much money in to the Club as you get out in scholarship well.... my first kid paid in over $30k in her club career and she got a token $5,500 a year athletically to a school that was over $45,000 so we lost our shirts. If that's why you are doing it quit now the return on investment couldn't be any worse than girls lacrosse! If you like the game, and dont mind giving up your summer weekends and have the financial means than do it otherwise get an SAT tutor!

I should have paid my kid $5k and sent her to a state school

Wait! Now is when the posters will come out and talk about their kid or some kid they heard about getting a full-ride to XXX-U or whatever.

Yup, you are correct, there are a small percentage that get full, think the top few kids from each region. There are your next level studs who will see 40-60%, may squeak some extra out of that, these are the top kids at most programs expected to be impact players. Your average players will see 20-40%. The round out of the roster players will see less than 20% if anything at all. And a fair number of players will walk away altogether. Surely everyone's daughter fits in that model somewhere.