Originally Posted by Anonymous
I was looking at rosters last night for the '17 season, some teams do not list the players majors, but a vast majority of the girls are undeclared majors. There is a lot of journalism related majors, sports science majors, and business related majors on the top 10 teams. Northwestern and Stony Brook had the most diverse and challenging collection of majors. the Ivies had a lot of of business majors as you would expect except for Cornell with hotel management. Very few engineering, medical, nursing or law majors on any roster, maybe 10 combined for all of the afore mentioned majors.
I have a daughter playing D1 lax now and have been through the process and my take on this is... Coaches will not demand you take any major, but if you tell them you want to take a challenging major while recruiting they will pass you up unless your a blue chip, then they will try to pursuade you to change your mind. Some schools like Fla, Maryland , and UN certainly have majors for athletes because 1/3 of the players are in them.

More facts, you are wasting your time with this crowd.