Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Are Jake Reed invites out yet?

My son received invites and is attending Philly Freshman Showcase and Maverik Showtime. We also received an invite to attend the 3d Bluechip for a chance at going to Jake Reed. We have not applied for nor heard from Jake Reed directly.

Given he is already attending two great showcases, should we go to Florida this winter? Is it worthwhile to attend both JR and Maverik? Our preference is to avoid Florida and save some money. Need advice. Thanks!! (and we are not reclassified)

Last years direct invites for JR didn`t come out until much later, either later October or maybe even early November, can`t remember which. My theory is that they are hoping people get nervous and apply to the 3d camp. Don`t do it. If you get a direct invite, great. If not, don`t spend the money when your kid is already in the top showcase. I assume your son plays for a top club too, so Maverik and top tourneys are more than enough. You don`t want your son to be too worn down for Maverik either, plus there is also the possibility of over exposure. And if your son has a great Philly showcase, he might not even need JR.

Thanks for the feedback. That is what we were hoping to hear. He plays for a pretty decent team but we are not from a hot bed. We've been to some strong team events playing against hot bed teams. We are above .500 consistently. I think this makes the individual events even more important.