Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
just to put my two cents in, my kid is a 2018 and was born in 2000, we would never reclassify because he is too socially mature and too good a student to repeat 8th grade although he is not physically matured and he would benefit greatly by reclassifying. Socially it would be wrong from him and honestly as much as he loves lacrosse (as do my wife and I) it is not that important to him.

Having said that, I have no issues with a kid or family that do reclassify, I think it is a great way to get him an advantage in life and I think that while it is a very personal decision if it helps him get into that dream school, good for him and it is not cheating IMHO. I have no problem with my kid having to compete with 2018 reclassified kids that will be up to 16 months older, that is life and you play the hand you are dealt. as far as PG, the only way that we will consider this is if a "dream" school will only commit to him if he does the PG year, with all the early committing going on I do not think you can do a PG year anymore as a non committed player and hope to get recruited as a thirteenth grader.

I am really looking forward to the next two month of showcases and prospect days and seeing my son compete against the best 2018 players in the country regardless of age.

good luck to all of our boys

What do you think of a player in 10th grade who is playing down in 9th grade. Actually enrolled in 10th grade at a local catholic school. Not small and is mature looking for his age. Has yet to repeat a grade and will at a latter date in time.

IMHO if he is a 2017 he should play 2017 and when he reclassifies I have no problem with him playing 2018 - but I understand if he is going to graduate in 2018 to play 2018 but not if he is going to graduate in 2017 and PG