Originally Posted by Anonymous
How do these goalies justify sitting on the bench. Can't get better there. One goalie who is attending Chaminade as a 2018 grad already walked off a team because he wasn't getting playing time and another reclassified because of the goalie playing there.

Not sure, but I would say some goalies are there because they want a better education than their local HS can afford them, and not just there for lacrosse. They get to put the sport on their resume if they are rostered and they rely on their club team for play. They get better because they do have a good team shooting on them at practice and they get two good coaches to recruit for them- HS and club. I could be wrong, but I believe I have heard that both ST As and Chaminade consistently place their goalies in good schools and not just their starting goalie. I do agree it has to be hard to be a good goalie and never get a chance to play and I would not blame some kids if they leave Chaminade or St As if they do not make the team or get to play.

Agree about the education part. The issue about getting better is if there are 6 goalies goalie #1 gets most reps with starting players then #2 some reps. How can there be enough time for the others get any quality reps.

Okay- true... 5-6 goalies seem like too many. How many FO do they take?