Originally Posted by Anonymous
2017 goalie in 10th grade at
St.Anthony's playing on a 2018 fl$ team. Is going to supposedly repeat 12th grade. How is this not cheating. Repeat a year then play with the younger age group or PG and be a year older than the average freshman. What this player and his parents are doing is cheating. Come on please explain to me how what this player is doing isn't cheating. PG and repeating are fine. Saying you will repeat at a future date is B.S.

I don't condone it. However, lacrosse is obviously a sport where anything goes. Just call yourself whatever you want and play wherever you want. No rules, no regulations. The problem is systemic and is getting out of control. Makes you think, why not take the same liberties? I think I'll have my 6'2" 174LB 2017 who runs like a dear, drop down to 2019 for 3d. Why not? I'll just say he's going to re-class this year and PG. I could say anything, it doesn't matter, no rules. If anyone complains, I'll just tell them to stop whining and deal with it. They said you could sign up for whatever grade you want. It really is that simple.