Originally Posted by Anonymous
I think some people may be confused about this event. It is a two day event, club teams playing on Sunday, individuals playing on Saturday.

the invites everyone is waiting on are for the Saturday individual event. for the Sunday event, yes our team is going but we have not yest received the individual invite for Saturday although we are told my son will get one.

Like everything else in life, if you are the top four players on your AA travel team, you will get an invite. If you are on terps, extreme, dukes, you can probably get invite if coach ranks you top 7...

For those that are just waiting, make sure you tell your coach that you want to get your son in. If you leave this one to luck, you wont get the invite to Saturday...

The guys sending the invites are doing so based upon coach recommendations. so if Mike C or sal say my whole team should be picked, the philly guys will say we can't do that so give me your top 7 or so choices. For realistic people who know where they stand on their club, use your HS coach if you are not top of club team...

Some free advice from someone that has been through this before...

spot on post, the only thing I would add is if you have been contacted or in contact with a college and/or have a relationship with a college coach, they can also recommend a player and college coach recommendations carry a lot of weight