Originally Posted by Anonymous
What a skill - typing while pumping your chest like an ape. I’m impressed! The only thing that’s apparent from your diatribe is that you’re confusing local thinking with national thinking. It may interest you to know that reclassifying or whatever you want to call it, has nothing to do with hs varsity lacrosse. It’s all about the class you will be entering college. So a player could be the big star on his hs team but still play on his “future college entrance year” travel team. Why bother, you may ask, since he’s pging? Plus, that wouldn’t be fair you say. News flash, no one gives a rats [lacrosse] about what’s fair or what you think. It’s all about national rankings, higher exposure, elite showcase invitationals. perhaps getting the eye of a better college coach (hopefully you do know it’s about getting into a better school and not $$). You can whine all you want but the landscape of college lacrosse recruiting has changed forever. If you’re still confused, at least have an open mind. Speak to people you know with kids who have played D1, who are committed to D1 and who are being recruited by D1. Look at the new rankings that recently came out. Check the birth dates. Research D1 rosters, some have birth dates listed. I’m just saying before you bash the “new” system, educate yourself. It may be too late for your kid if he’s still counting on hs varsity lax exposure but just maybe someone will read this with an open mind and before running his mouth off will put forth the same effort to educate himself.

As what you say is very true doesn't make it right for some people. will most kids stand out if they reclassify, yes! Until it is the norm where it all balances again. Then what? Oh wait that is here the Hold backs in kindergarden to then the reclassify's.

Just because it is done doesn't make it right!!!! Just because it isn't illegal doesn't make it immoral.

We will all live and learn. Fortunate enough to have connections to steer me in a right direction "If that is what I want". I was lectured on doing what was best for my son's future (beyond college) and that is what it is about. I was also told If I did not choose the Reclassify path coaches understand this path is not on everyone's moral compass.