Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Which prospect camp? You are completely, dangerously wrong. They divide by graduation year. Which you would know if you had ever been at one. You clearly have a kid that enjoyed/exploited the advantage of early puberty and now you want to deny other players an even playing ground. You don't object to recruiting inequities, you just object to inequities that don't work in your child's favor.

I didn't say every prospect camp, I said this one, and no I'm not wrong. I only hope moving forward, the rest of the schools start to follow suit. So people like you can crawl back into the hole you came out of. Just because your son wasn't invited, doesn't make it untrue. The trembling in your writing wreaks of the horror you feel that your hold back won't accomplish "your" desired goals. If my son was an early to mature young man, (and he's not) I would challenge him to play up. Unlike yourself, who is trying to manipulate the system for your kids benefit. Further, the early maturing player's perceived advantage is fleeting at best. If they do not continue to work, and rely on a size advantage, that advantage fades very quickly. It will be of little benefit in HS and ZERO benefit in college. However, you seek to create a permanent advantage for your son. When he does mature, the perceived deficits you are concerned with will disappear and the age difference will give him the permanent advantage you seek, all at another's expense. The definition of a CHEAT. Look up the word! Get it now?

When I started this conversation, I was just trying to give a different perspective because it seemed like everyone was labeling reclassify kids as cheaters and their parents as scumbags. Your perspective is completely different from the perspective I have seen in the real world. You make a lot of assumptions about my situation and most of them are completely incorrect. I find it interesting that you think it's ok for a kid to PG to polish his grades and lacrosse skills (something in that child's control all along) but it's not ok to reclassify to allow a kid to catch up physically (something that is genetically determined and completely outside the child's ability to control). In both situations, a kid is doing an extra year and taking a spot that would have gone to someone else. The only difference is timing. I agree with you that any advantage from being physically mature earlier than your peers disappears eventually. Unfortunately, with early recruiting "eventually" may be too late for some kids. If the recruiting timeline gets moved back, the pressure to reclassify will also disappear. I think we've beaten this topic to death and we should just agree to disagree. I wish your child the best as they go through the process. I hope you get to watch some great lacrosse, hang out with fun parents and that your kid succeeds academically and athletically.