Originally Posted by Anonymous
Please dish about Maverick Showtime Lacrosse Camp.

I tried to look up info but nothing is written about how players are selected to attend.

How do Sophomores & Juniors secure an invite? Is it through the HS coach? Club coach?

Camp is only for Rising Sophomores and Juniors. Not for current Juniors. Players are nominated by Club coaches, only top Clubs will get direct invites. HS coaches can also get kids in. Must be top player on top club. Or have to be Varsity as a 9th grader kind of kid at average to better lax HS. Or top 2 or 3 kid in class at Best HS programs. Extremely selective event. Invites are long done for this year.

As a freshman player on a JV team and on a good club team, my son has missed the rising sophomore invite.

In a world where he excels this summer going into 10th gr in the fall, how do I, as a parent, have him apply to Maverick?

Ask his HS coach? Ask his club coach?

He was not standout enough as a freshman, but this season has not begun, so I am going on the fact that he was not outstanding as an 8th grader or in the fall.

If you would explain the application process for the parents who are not in the know, that would be beneficial, especially to me.

Even if my son is not good enough to be asked, I would like to understand and know the process.

Thank you.
No application process. Best clubs usually recommend 5-6 kids, 3-5 get invites. My kid went last summer as a rising sophomore and is going again this summer. Nothing through his H.S. coach although is a route as well, strictly through the club.

According to your post, correct me if I am wrong:

Club coach recommends my son this summer. Showtime sends invite out (if they like him) in Sept. My son attends in July of 2016.

My son will be a freshman in Sept. never having played a day in HS, and according to your post, the invite goes out to rising sophomores, jrs. that means he needs to be recommended this summer of 8th grade.

Please correct me if I am wrong.