Originally Posted by Anonymous
[
Did True Chesapeake disband?

Disband? Implode? [Censored] the bed?

My kid is looking here and now I am second guessing it. I know the guy in Illinois has a divisive reputation. The local people do as well?

Everyone has to make their own assessment, our experience is they only care about your payments.

See how many clubs let you play for free. It's a transaction.

IMHO bigger questions are transparency and value. How is this club team going to elevate my son's skill, Lax IQ, exposure, and his love for the game?

If it were me I'd have to believe the coach at True was highly interested in my kid. Otherwise no.

The True products in MD will:
1. Offer tons of workouts.....some worthwhile, some not
2. Offer some state or national opportunities to some players, for a fee
3. Never hesitate to replace an experienced coach w a 23 year old, w no explanation
4. Offer no refunds ever.
5. Be very eager to fly in LI kids to add to your roster
6. Commit roster violations at events.. accident or otherwise, it's a True trend.
7. Collapse and rebrand teams with no notice. Sorry Johnny you're on True Richmond now!

Good summary, but your forgot to mention cramming 4-6 teams onto one field for practice, so they run line drills for 90 minutes. I am sure that there are some kids on some True team somewhere in the country that are having a good experience, but the vast majority are having a bad experience, and the good ones are likely to turn bad soon. The program is doing too many things wrong and cutting too many corners. Even a well run, well coached team that is doing all the right things is still going to have a lot of unhappy customers. It is the nature of competitive travel sports. every family wants the best experience for their son/daughter, but it is a zero sum game (playing time, winning/losing, etc) and it is impossible for everyone to be happy. So from that starting point, think about a program like True that is a nationwide chain trying to make money any way it can, and has a bad reputation spreading like wildfire, run by shady characters, in a business that is shady to begin with. what could possibly go wrong? I can practically guarantee your son will not have a good experience on True. can any parent from any True team, at any age level, any state/region, reply that their son has been on a True team for several years, is getting good coaching, and is really happy with the overall experience? Even the "bad" programs like MadLax have plenty of families who are happy there. Not so much with True.