Can I please explain how the process works? Coaches get together in August to schedule their Fall and Summer tournament schedule. The decisions are based on the amount of travel and hotel costs the tournament schedule will inflict on the parents and when we want to wrap up the summer (most of us care more about vacation and letting our kids enjoy summer than we do about lacrosse).

We certainly don't sit around in that meeting and think "these particular teams are going to be at the NAL or the millon tournament or the Legends." The schedule is determined in about 20 minutes. What I am saying is that we try to pick from a list of tournaments that we think works best for our schedules (and maybe someone in the room says don't do a particular tournament based on past experience).

We have no idea at the time which teams are going to be enrolled in any of the tournaments. We certainly hope that there is great competition...especially teams that could be better than us and even beat us. When we schedule our tournaments we are not looking for opportunities to win a "championship"...get the t-shirt or photo with the banner. My son was bummed that Legends wasn't one of the "big" tournaments. I was quick to tell him that there are a lot of very good teams there...3D garden state, True Annapolis, Team MD (who just beat next level), Team Illinois (who seems to bring a whole new meaning to "hold backs"). It was an excellent tournament with excellent competition.