Originally Posted by Anonymous
Is it a requirement to be a complete JAGG Off to have a kid play for “True”? Or even better, are there coaches required to be a JO? I thought the Annapolis chapter grey haired samurai wannabe was the biggest Bag out there. That is until we saw the crew from True NJ and watched two of their dads get tossed from a game in the first half of an 8am start. I can only imagine the gems True will turn up now that they’ve entered the Philly market

How many True clubs are there? Annapolis? Baltimore, Eastern Shore?

Also True Kelly Post and True DC (formerly Eastside)

True is a true national program, based in Illinois, with franchises all over the country. The guys at the top have good lacrosse resumes and are good businessmen, assuming that you define good business as raking in tons of money. They are like the McDonalds of lacrosse. According to their web page they have programs in 17 states, including unusual places like Idaho and Indiana. It is actually pretty cool that there is demand for lacrosse in all those places and that somebody has found a way to cash in. In lacrosse rich areas like Maryland and Virginia, True teams pop up everywhere, almost faster than you can keep track. The quality of these teams and the experience provided to the boys is extremely uneven. The Illinois teams are their flagship and in some age groups are very good. Some Annapolis teams are good too. But other teams are an embarrassment. I heard that one of the Virginia programs had literally SIX teams practicing at one on the same field at Marymount, so each of the six teams just ran line drills and star drills for an hour. They have A teams and B teams which they often combine for tournaments. And, some of the coaches on these zillions of teams are obviously unqualified. But as long as families continue to sign up, you will see more and more True teams everywhere.