Originally Posted by Anonymous
In my opinion National teams should not be in club ranked with the local teams. Those rankings should be for teams made up of kids that are in 100 miles from home club. Love to hear an argument for this?

Everyone knows that the Hawks 27 team is the best in our area - if not the country. They beat NL and Madlax repeatedly in the past. Why rankings would be based on Fall is beyond me. The Hawks also destroyed 91 Machine last time they played. If I am not mistaken The Nationals had several (5 or so) Hawks with them last weekend. Pictures on SM verify that fact. I wasn't there, but my guess is that the Hawks had an impact.

Hawks lost twice to Next Level this fall. And Next Level lost to Madlax. I think it’s clear those three teams are the best in the region. But it’s not at all clear that Hawks are the best anymore. Luckily it looks like will get games between these teams in the Spring and will have a better sense then.

I obviously struck a nerve with the Hawks haters. My son got cut from the Hawks and yet I still don't understand why everyone hates them so much. My son ended up on a B team and all I ever hear the "elite" team parents talk about is beating them. That is what I base my opinion of them being the best on, along with the games that I watch. Admittedly, I have not seen them (or NL/ML) play in quite some time so maybe NL has come that far. That said, I wouldn't be all that excited about two wins in the fall.