Originally Posted by Anonymous
Get ready for the "POACHING EMAILS" from Crabs 2027 Coaches. Just received one for my son and I'm sure many others did as well.

Such a shame that Crabs feels the need to always stoop so low. Such a poor culture all around for theses kids and families. The sad part is that people buy into this. I was blind and did it with my older son, and then bam the high school teams came and all of a sudden we only had 6 players from the state of Maryland and bunch of "National Team" guys from all over. I'll pass..................

Hi *******,
Your son has been identified as a talented 2027 lacrosse player who would be a great addition to our Crabs 2027 lacrosse team. This is a personal invitation to be part of a very special team that will be coached by John Kenneally and Dan LaMonica.
Our 7th grade team is a practice first team and we believe in player development and intense team training. Our team will work hard both in the quantity and quality of practices. However, we believe in multi-sport athletes and that your son’s in season sport should come first. Starting with the last weekend in February, lacrosse becomes the in season sport and will then come first.
We run fast paced practices that are competitive and very instructional. When working with your son, we use the part to whole method of teaching the IQ side of lacrosse. Both of us are teachers of the game who will create a strong team culture and a great experience for your son. We are very positive, upbeat and focused on building your son’s skills and confidence.
This team will play in the Howard County Spring league at the top level. In addition, we will travel to at least 6 tournaments (including the Fall, Spring and Summer). We have had a lot of interest in our 2027 team and we anticipate that we will be a top team that will play in the most selective tournaments. If we are able to obtain some sponsors, we may travel to Lake Placid, Vail or Texas for a tournament. We will also schedule some play days and we will seek to play top teams who are in town over the year.
During the off season, we will practice once a week, typically on Sunday mornings (starting after Labor Day). Beginning with the last weekend of February, we will practice four times a week (typically, Sat, Sun, and two week nights) until games start in late March. Thereafter, we typically practice Sat, and two week nights with games on Sunday. Playing on a top club team is a big commitment and requires a significant level of dedication.
Although we are very interested in your son, Crabs has open try-outs for spots on our 2027 team on the following dates:
Tuesday July 13th 7PM to 8:30 PM@ RPCS Upper Turf
Thursday July 15th 7PM to 8:30 PM @ RPCS Upper Turf
We are sincerely interested in your son and we hope to see him at tryouts. Please go to https://crabslax.com/ to register for tryouts as soon as possible. If you have any questions please call John Kenneally @ 410-561-7051 (jkenneally@jlkcpas.com) or Dan LaMonica @ 443-615-0238 (dlamonica@belfastvalley.com).

P.S. If your son can only attend one of the tryouts, please let us know prior to July 13, 2021.

Thank you,

John Kenneally & Dan Lamonica

I’m sorry. I don’t see anything wrong with this email. If you aren’t interested, just don’t go to tryouts.