Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I guess Crabs 2027 aren't sending a team to World Series. Are any DC/Baltimore teams attending? The qualifier is the same weekend as HoCo.

Good question. My bet is that none are attending. The event has been poorly publicized and I doubt teams want to go through a fire drill, especially if it conflicts with HoCo and regular pre-season tournaments. But the good teams in the area (MadLax, Hawks, NextLevel) could not attend anyway, because too many of their key players are holdbacks.

For the mid Atlantic clubs, the directors will find a way to send teams and make a few bucks. Madlax will field a monuments team. True will recruit and send a mid Atlantic team. Black ops could form again with a hodgepodge of clubs. A wild card like sidewinders or predators (maybe team md) could also send a team. They will all get smoked.

FCA, hawks, next level, and crabs would have to bring in 28s to replace 27s that don’t make the cutoff. Contrary to popular belief it isn’t that many kids but completely not worth it to break up a team just to play one event. Also if the event is anything like body by Jake’s infomercial last year, this iteration is doomed. Throw in HoCo conflicts and you’ll get zero support for the mid Atlantic. However, big talent exists at 27 with the Advnc/aqua hounds from California and Kings from Colorado. They have a good shot to beat 91 machine who is the odds on favorite.