Originally Posted by Anonymous
Hawks going to win the NAL this weekend?

Yes, not even close.

That aged well

Ha, yeah that was me. I wasn't there but have watched them play over the last 3 years. Hard to imagine that team only scoring 3 goals a game but it was starting to show up last year as the dad coach hasn't really developed the kids. NL and Madlax are showing the same things. The kids are over-coached and those teams are increasingly afraid to make mistakes rather instead of positive coaching.

2027 Hawks needs an entire new coaching staff. Embarrassingly bad. This team was destined for greatness, but losing the original coach to the 2028 team has proven to be fatal, while the 2028 squad is arguably the best in the country. Dad coaches with personal agendas have ruined such a good thing. The revolt almost happened last year, and it’s probably going to happen this year. Watch and see… this team will implode. Kinda sad actually… because this team has 4-5 legitimate STUDS that will be forces in HS and beyond. Just not the coaches kids….

Over that time 6 players moved down to the 28s, 3 are actual 28s and 3 are 27 age. The former head coach is n assistant on the 28s now. This year a bunch of 28s tried out elsewhere and some actually left. I don’t think the coach is the only reason they were good. That 3rd grade team walked on the field as the best team anywhere on day one. They haven’t gotten better at the same rate as other teams and they don’t have many 26s filling the holes.