Originally Posted by Anonymous
Half the team has offers already? Just curious, is this team LI based or MD based? I know a bunch of extremely talented girls on a variety of clubs that haven't committed yet.

This team is imagination based.

Stick your head in the sand if that's what you want to do, tell yourself whatever you need to so you can sleep at night. Your daughter and her teammates may very well not have college coaches looking at them and there may not be any college coaches at their games to hand out brochures to, but that certainly is not the case for all teams and all girls. Typical reaction though, about what I expected. Recruiting for this age group is shutting down next week anyway, so unless you have offers in your hand you will have to wait until junior year to hand out brochures.

Okay, your answer tells me that you're the ILM from Md United East, the ILD from API or a LI [lacrosse] (which is the same as ILD from Westbury). As the parent of a 2016 who was fairly highly recruited (eight D1's), I can tell you with 100% confidence that recruiting 2021's right is a BAD thing. If your daughter is one of the 2021's that is a real person, and is actually being recruited, I recommend that you wait until after junior year to make a decision. There is almost no way she is prepared to face the reality of having to live with a possibly bad decision for the next 8 years. Trust me from first-hand experience. My daughter committed during the early summer after sophomore year and it didn't turn out well. Not all her fault, but the result was the same: not a good choice of school. Be careful what you ask for because you just might get it!