Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
Well, I sure would not want to limit my 8th grader's educational opportunities (or 11th grader) to attendance at a large public university. But, to each their own. Congratulations.

First of all, let's not forget that any opportunity to pursue higher education is just that, an opportunity. That's why it's called higher education because it's beyond the basics that are offered to everyone. As for me, I would hope that none of my own kids ever lose sight of the fact that their college choice has to be one that is a financially sound decision. The earliest recruits tend to get scholarship offers and that equates to sound financial decision making as far as many are concerned. And as for limiting a child, I certainly would not want to limit mine to a small, liberal arts college from which they will graduate with a mountain of debt to pay back over half of their adult life. And as for a large, public university like Maryland, the possibilities are pretty much endless as for a field of study. It's the best bargain going if you live in the state of Maryland and are fortunate enough to be offered a scholarship and an opportunity to attend. And, by the way, their lacrosse teams tend to consistently rank in the top five in the country. SOLD!

OK. Congratulations again.