Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
I would love to get together and compare notes with some of you clowns in 15 years and see exactly where our daughter's respective lacrosse careers got them, and didn't get them. Since that is not going to happen, I will have to be content with shaking my head at how you people let your ego, ignorance, and insecurity infect this experience. You don't get it, and you aren't going to get it.

So because a girl works hard to play on a top team means that they are solely relying on their "lacrosse career"? Maybe, just maybe, a lot of these girls see lacrosse as a means to get into the best possible school they can, and thus bust their asses to be the best they can be. And maybe, just maybe, they don't enjoy playing in games where they win 15-0, 20-1, etc.....Not only because it's boring for them, but they feel bad for the other team which many time includes friends of theirs. And maybe, just maybe, the girls on the top clubs thrive on the competition of playing against each other and are in fact also friends off the field. The girls are going into high school. Some of them are already committed to college. Many of them will soon. I haven't seen anyone on here bragging about their daughter or their daughter's teams. There have only been fair questions about why are some of these teams in the A division. It does benefit teams to play against better teams if they can compete with them. While I won't use the word worthless, very little is gained by either team in a blowout. This has nothing to do with parents pushing their daughter's "lacrosse career" or their ego, ignorance or insecurity. There is a place for most of these girls to play lacrosse in college if they want to. Whether they are on an A team or B team. The egos that "infect this experience" are those of the club owners of these B level teams that charge exorbitant prices and make promises that they can't deliver on.

I'm not sure why people think having more divisions is a bad idea. The boys league has 4 divisions for 2021's. Elite, AA, A and B. The Elite is invitation only based on the prior year's performance in the league. You don't see 15-0 or worse games there. Is that really a bad idea?

Good grief. Get over yourself. Feel bad for the other team? LOL. You idiot. She ain't that special and neither are you. If you don't like it, go play rec. Tool. When they say parents ruin sports, they are talking about you, you phony. Shut up.