Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous

When was there ever a chance for a "full ride" to Maryland? I hope you are just trying to lay on the sarcasm.

Nope, I'm not. Her attitude is that she won't accept anything less than a full ride to MD. She doesn't care what her kid wants. She's delusional.

There is no such thing as a FULL ride.
[/quote]

You may be correct that there are no free rides at Maryland, it is a school my daughter is not interested in so we have never sat with coaches there on offer discussion. But I can assure you first hand that there are certainly other schools in the top 10 and top 5 that do offer full rides, and not just tuition but all inclusive. Rare? I'm certain, and it is probably limited to the top 10-20 kids in the age group, but these same kids have multiple full ride offers from various schools, so in that sense the offers are not rare, the players are. Don't know the kid you are talking about and have no idea if she is one of those rare players, but I will also say that you never know what a college coach is thinking when they see a player, a player you may not think much of may be just the peice of the puzzle the coach needs and wants. Puzzle peice players are not full riders, those are apparent to everyone when you see them play. Every coach has their own philosophy on how they will divide scholarship monies, you would also be surprised that a large amount of kids will play for little or no scholarship money just to be a part of a good team or to get into a good academic school.