Originally Posted by Anonymous
As an innocent bystander, can someone explain the hostility towards M&D 2021?

How about hostility on all fronts! It would be nice if people could give positive feedback on teams...not just negative negative negative. Most of these girls know each other even though they are on different teams. Some are even friends and enjoy playing against each other. Young women in sports should lift each other up regardless of team....that's my two cents.

Lift each other up? No way! It's way more fun to talk about how much your team won by, what a waste of time it is to play another team, and tell parents that are not on your team that they are wasting their time and money! Gosh, if you had your way, this guy would not be allowed to have any fun!

No one has been on here posting about how great their daughter's team is and how much they win by. The questions were around how did the structure of youth lacrosse move to everyone paying thousands of dollars to play club lacrosse. For the most part, the girls enjoy playing against each other. But the games that end up out of hand are not fun for either side. So again, the question is why do certain clubs feel the need to play in the A division when they are setting their girls up for failure?

No one is criticizing the girls on any of these teams. They all play hard and compete. My issues are with the club directors, not the kids or the families. The culture of the sport has placed pressure on these kids and families to play club lacrosse which is unfortunate. The club directors sell a bill of goods that is not based in reality. There are so many club teams now that it's out of hand. Many clubs having 2 or 3 teams per age. How did this happen? Hopefully if the rules change in 2 weeks it will take the power away from the club directors and things can go back to being somewhat normal. The pressure on the girls that see their classmates committing to college in 8th grade is unnecessary and unhealthy for their development.

Go ahead and tell me to worry about my own kid. I am worrying about her. That's the whole point.