Originally Posted by Anonymous
What amazes me is how little most parents know about what constitutes a quality educational experience, what the true cost of attending a particular college is, and how high they place lacrosse on the list of things that are important in life. It would be great to all get together in about 15 years and see how things turned out.

Every opportunity in life amounts to what you make of it. There are kids who graduate with honors from every school in the country and there are kids who we all are left scratching our heads about how they got their hands on a diploma. I attended a small, expensive, liberal arts school and don't feel that I got any better of an education than any of my other adult friends who attended large, public universities. We are all just as capable as the next at tackling life. And as for things that are important in life....grit, endurance, knowing how to go toe to toe against competition, and how to be a valuable member of a team are all things that are extremely attractive to employers. They also happen to be things that most college athletes graduate with even if they aren't magna [lacrosse] laude graduates.