Originally Posted by Anonymous
I feel sorry for this girl. I guess mom doesn't understand that College programs also evaluate the players parents as well. I'm sure this girl is getting looked at, and likely getting passed over, once the recruiters quietly figure out her mom is...... "That mom" ! ! !

You are 100% correct. For my daughter's club team, I was the person who gave out the team brochures to the college coaches during games. I've met well over 100 coaches from all 3 divisions and the NAIA. I've heard MANY conversations amongst the coaches and I can tell you for a 100% fact that they see and hear EVERYTHING. They watch player AND parent attitudes. They take LOTS of notes on everything. I've seen them scratch through a players name because of the attitudes. They will quietly walk among the parents and listen. So, before you (over-zealous parent) yell at a ref or opposing player (that's the worst thing you can do) remember this post. The last thing an underpaid college coach wants to deal with for the next 4 or 5 years is a loud-mouth parent.
As far as this mom is concerned, my guess is that her lanky lefty will not get that 100% scholly to U of Md. One, the kid isn't that good yet. I'm not so sure she is getting looked at, yet. Not quite "there" yet on the talent scale. Two, mom is, just like you said...That mom. Cathy Reese has 100 other players on her radar that are better, without THAT MOM.

Team brochures printed up and handed out to all the college coaches, why doesn't my club do that for the girls? What teams do this?

Because they are in 8th grade and there have been hardly any coaches watching at this point. Yikes.

Let me clarify. I handed out brochures for my daughter's 2016 team. Right now it's too early to be doing that for the 2021's players. Sorry for the confusion.

Not too early for 2021's at least half the girls on my daughters team have offers already with several already making verbals. But there were no brochures involved. Interesting idea though. Did the club pick up the cost of that or did the team go out and do it on there own? Would make a nice keepsake too.