Originally Posted by Anonymous
Originally Posted by Anonymous
This isn't rec lacrosse every one doesn't get equal playing time. That's the problems these day's parents think just because their child made a team and they paid the dues that it guarantee playing time. Club sport in general there is no guarantee. Best players should be in the game. Don't know the situation with the these team but I have two boy that play and I have seen angry parents because their child doesn't play that much.

Wow! ^ Yup, right there exhibit one in selfishness and short-sightedness. Okay, Mr or Mrs It's all about my kid, when supposed second string goalie does not get the playing time that the parents who paid were expecting? Well, as you are probably saying - "there are plenty of other clubs out there". And chances are that is what they will do. But, then, if you say - "fine - there are plenty of goalies out there." And that's where your selfishness and short-sightedness will get the better of you. Bro, lacrosse is a very small community - word will get out very quickly about the treatment of the "backup goalie" on said team and the 'dbag goalie dad'. And then you will have to settle for desperate 3rd tier talent. And you say "so what, they are the backup". Then, what happens if God forbid your auspicious 'golden cow' of a starting goalie should get injured? Who do you turn to? Or worse case scenario - nobody wants to pay that money and do that travelling to sit around and watch their daughter work on her tan on the sidelines. For field players - playing time balance can be finagled with and not be so obvious. We all know goalie parents are a little on the excessive side - its very obvious to them when the rotation is only a bit uneven.

Well, you nailed this one.